Career Options & Highlights
Folsom Lake College’s Business programs are designed to provide an entrance into an exciting career. Many opportunities are available that can lead to immediate employment or career advancement. FLC offers a variety of degrees and certificates to meet students’ present and future needs. Whether it is one class or a step toward a degree, there are a variety of options.
Real Estate Agent
There are also some self-employment opportunities available in these fields. Some career options may require more than two years of college study.
- Additional training in courses acceptable as electives for civil service occupations.
- Hands-on experience in the use of computers for business purposes.
- Opportunities for work experience in local industry and business.
- Training for small business management, entrepreneurship.
- Exceptional and committed instructors.
TRANSFER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
A student transferring with upper division standing to California State University, Sacramento, College of Business Administration, should have completed a minimum of 60, and a maximum of 70, transfer units. The Counseling Center has information regarding requirements, which may vary from the core listed below, at other four-year institutions. The course work may include all of the pre-major core courses and transfer general education requirements.
Each of the following core courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better:
- Accounting 301, 311
- Computer Information Science CISA 308, CISA 310, CISC 308
- Economics 302, 304
- Mathematics 343
- Statistics 300
Competency in a foreign language at the 412 level is required for an International Business major.
In addition to the above core, a student, in consultation with a counselor, should plan a program to meet the transfer general education requirements.
Fall Blood Drive
Supporting Student Success