CSU General Education
Degrees & Certificates
The following CSU General Education Certificate is offered:
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
CSU General Education Certificate
Students must complete a minimum of 39 units used to satisfy the CSU General Education requirements, which are listed in the Folsom Lake College catalog. Students are encouraged to consult with a counselor in choosing the courses used to fulfill the required program.
This Certificate of Achievement is designed for students planning to transfer to a California State University (CSU) campus. Completion of this certificate ensures that the student has met the lower division General Education requirements for all CSU campuses. Please note that although obtaining this certificate will ensure that the requirements for GE certification are met, students needing official GE certification will need to work with a counselor to complete the appropriate form.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- make sound decisions to improve personal and environmental well-being through the analysis of scientific information.
- implement appropriate method of inquiry used by social and behavioral sciences.
- demonstrate civic responsibility as an informed citizen knowledgeable about historical events, current issues, and government structures relevant to community, state, national and global issues.
- demonstrate an appreciation for and understanding of the complexity of artistic and cultural expression through the ages by supporting the arts to enhance our community.
- apply systematic methods of problem-solving, comparative analysis, and creative decision-making in order to communicate effectively and efficiently in a variety of oral and written contexts.
- gather and assess information from a variety of sources to inform decision-making in personal, social, academic, or professional contexts.
Enroll Now for Summer
Class schedules now online
2017 Graduation Ceremony!
Summer Blood Drive
It Pays to Stay