Degrees & Certificates
The following Geology degrees and certificates are offered:
A.S. — Geology
Required Program (units)
CHEM 400 General Chemistry (5)
CHEM 401 General Chemistry (5)
GEOL 300 Physical Geology (3)
GEOL 301 Physical Geology Laboratory (1)
GEOL 310 Historical Geology (3)
GEOL 311 Historical Geology Laboratory (1)
MATH 400 Calculus I (5)
MATH 401 Calculus II (5)
TOTAL UNITS REQUIRED 28
This A.S. degree may be obtained by completion of the Required Program, plus General Education Requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total.
This degree is designed to meet common lower division requirements for a major in geology.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the scientific method by designing a valid scientific inquiry.
- Differentiate between scientifically-derived knowledge, myth, and conjecture in professional or everyday encounters with information.
- Apply acquired knowledge, skills, and abilities toward successful completion of geology coursework at transfer institutions.
- Observe and accurately interpret the mechanics, rate and scale of simple geologic processes.
- Clearly communicate geologic information, both orally and in written form, to diverse audiences.
- Evaluate and analyze contemporary geologic problems including the implications of human activities on geologic resources.
- Accurately employ geologic terminology, earth development theories and techniques as a foundation for investigating more complex scientific matters.
Watch Bera & Ose Debate
Supporting Student Success
Falcons Flight Crew
Community Observatory Invites You