Degrees & Certificates
The following Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Certificate is offered:
Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Certificate
Students must complete a minimum of 34 units used to satisfy the IGETC certification requirements, which are listed in the Folsom Lake College catalog. Students are encouraged to consult with a counselor in selecting courses used to fulfill the required program.
This Certificate of Achievement is designed for students planning to transfer to either a California State University (CSU) or a University of California (UC) campus. Completion of this certificate ensures that a student has met the lower division General Education/Breadth requirements for all CSU and UC campuses. Please note that although obtaining this certificate will ensure that the requirements for GE certification are met, students needing official GE certification will need to work with a counselor to complete the appropriate form.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- make sound decisions to improve personal and environmental well-being through the analysis of scientific information.
- implement appropriate method of inquiry used by social and behavioral sciences.
- demonstrate civic responsibility as an informed citizen knowledgeable about historical events, current issues, and government structures relevant to community, state, national and global issues.
- demonstrate an appreciation for and understanding of the complexity of artistic and cultural expression through the ages by supporting the arts to enhance our community.
- apply systematic methods of problem-solving, comparative analysis, and creative decision-making in order to communicate effectively and efficiently in a variety of oral and written contexts.
Enroll Now for Fall
Early Childhood Education Fair
First Year Experience