Career Options & Highlights
The Folsom Lake College Library courses teach vital research skills that enable students to achieve success in their college classes, careers, and day-to-day lives. Students will gain “research survival skills” to cope with the information rich environment in which they live. They will develop the ability to access information from a broad range of resources, and to evaluate this information and its sources. Course study will include information from print, online subscription databases, and the Internet. FLC Librarians also offer non-credit library instruction sessions demonstrating the use of library resources and the Internet. A schedule of these drop-in library instructions is available on the library website. Please stop by the reference desk to pick up a helpful handout, obtain individual assistance, or for more information. Students interested in a paraprofessional library career can complete the Library and Information Technology program available at Sacramento City College. Students interested in a professional library career need a bachelor’s degree and a graduate Library and Information Science degree.
- Identify library services.
- Construct and implement effective search strategies.
- Recognize that there are a variety of types of formats of potential sources of information.
- Select the most appropriate search systems for accessing the needed information.
- Retrieve information online or in person using a variety of methods.
Student Art Show
Supporting Student Success
Spring Blood Drive
Career & Internship Fair