Degrees & Certificates
The following Marketing degrees and certificates are offered:
A.A. — Marketing
Required Program (units)
ACCT 301 Financial Accounting (4)
BUS 300 Introduction to Business (3)
or BUS 350 Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship (3
ECON 302 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
BUS 340 Business Law (3)
MATH 343 Modern Business Mathematics (4) 4
or MATH 341 Calculus for Business and Economics (4)
MKT 300 Principles of Marketing (3)
MKT 310 Selling Professionally (3)
MKT 314 Advertising (3)
A minimum of 3 units from the following: 3
CISA 300 Beginning Word Processing (1)
CISA 310 Introduction to Electronic Spreadsheets (1)
CISA 320 Introduction to Database Management (1)
CISC 300 Computer Familiarization (1)
CISC 310 Intro to Computer Information Science (3)
A minimum of 3 units from the following:
BUS 498 Work Experience in Business (1-4)
or any combination of Human/Career Development
TOTAL UNITS REQUIRED 32
This A.A. degree may be obtained by completion of the Required Program, plus General Education Requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total.
The Marketing degree provides an opportunity for students to acquire knowledge and training for careers in sales, advertising, and marketing. Marketing is a dynamic area of study that provides immediate job and career opportunities. The competency-based curriculum is designed to prepare students for a variety of positions and to provide basic training for advancement to management positions and for transfer to four-year universities.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- integrate the functions of the marketing mix.
- plan, produce, and select the appropriate media for advertising.
- identify and examine consumer buyer behavior and evaluate which marketing communications medium will most effectively meet needs of the marketplace.
- incorporate principles of product development, pricing, distribution strategies, promotion strategies and market research.
- apply the marketing mix to create and analyze various marketing strategies.
Supporting Student Success
Fall Blood Drive
Faculty Art Show
Rancho Cordova Center