Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Degrees & Certificates
The following Medical Laboratory Technician degrees and certificates are offered:
A.S. - Medical Laboratory Technician
Required Program (Units)
MEDTEC 310 Introduction to Medical Laboratory
Techniques and Skin Punctures 2
MEDTEC 311 Advanced Phlebotomy Venipuncture Skills 2
MEDTEC 323 Clinical Chemistry and Urinalysis 4
MEDTEC 330 Hematology 4
MEDTEC 340 Immunology and Immunohematology 4
MEDTEC 350 Clinical Microbiology 4
MEDTEC 360 Chemistry and Urinalysis Practicum 4
MEDTEC 361 Hematology and Hemostasis Practicum 4
MEDTEC 362 Immunology and Immunohematology Practicum 3
MEDTEC 363 Microbiology Practicum 4
TOTAL UNITS REQUIRED 35
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Pass the nationally recognized certification examination.
- Satisfy the laboratory medicine employment needs of the greater Sacramento area and surrounding communities.
- Utilize knowledge of the principles inherent in the laboratory tests being performed.
- Support and participate with the health care team.
- Comprehend their role in the delivery of health care to the patient.
- Exhibit professional and committed delivery of excellent health care.
Health and Wellness Day
Supporting Student Success