Nonprofit Organization Management (NPOM)
The following certificate is available:
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
Nonprofit Organization Management
Required Program (units)
BUS 180 Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector (3)
BUS 181 Nonprofit Fundraising (3)
BUS 182 Nonprofit Governance and Financial Management (3)
BUS 300 Introduction to Business (3)
BUS 310 Business Communications (3)
MGMT 362 Techniques of Management (3)
MKT 300 Principles of Marketing (3)
TOTAL UNITS REQUIRED 21
This program provides an overview of not-for-profit organizations, with a particular emphasis on regional and state non-profit associations in the Sacramento region. The program focuses on managing operational and policy issues of a non-profit organization, and is designed for students interested in non-profit association management and leadership occupations.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key differences between the non-profit, for-profit and public sectors, non-profit governance, operations, and fiscal aspects of non-profit organizations.
- Articulate the different financial planning challenges facing non-profits, compared to the for-profit sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of fundraising and composing effective fundraising campaigns.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various types of fundraising campaigns and choose the most appropriate alternative.
- Demonstrate an understanding of endowments and special funds.
- Demonstrate understanding of grant seeking and administration.
-Demonstrate an understanding of fund accounting and bylaws.
Class schedules now online
Spring Blood Drive
Women's History Month
Student Art Show