Project Management (PRJMGT)
Degrees & Certificates
The following Project Management degrees and certificates are offered:
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
Required Program (units)
PRJMGT 300 Introduction to Project Management (3)
PRJMGT 310 Project Integration and Scope Management (3)
PRJMGT 320 Project Time and Cost Management (3)
PRJMGT 330 Project Quality Management (3)
PRJMGT 340 Project Communication and Human Resource Mgmt (3)
PRJMGT 350 Project Risk Management and Project Procurement Management (3)
TOTAL UNITS REQUIRED 18
This dynamic curriculum provides advanced skills and practical instruction on the processes, organizational structure, and tools which assure that project work yields the desired business results in professional services such as Health Care, Pharmacy, Human Resources, Finance, Manufacturing, Construction, and Information Technology, which is largely being driven by government modernization and large scale outsourcing. This program is thus ideal for professionals who want to enhance their ability to integrate complex projects, motivate people, and achieve cost-effective results.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- apply a significant range of professional and business skills, practices and techniques in project management.
- initiate, manage and drive change through the application of sound financial and business competence.
- undertake individual and team research and/or consultancy based projects.
- describe the nature and functions of project management as well as understand the project life cycle and processes.
- build a cohesive and productive project team and learn techniques to deal with the practical and emotional issues involved in team building including coordinating efforts across multiple units of the organization.
- apply and use project management software and techniques to plan, monitor, control, and evaluate a project.
You Can't Take It With You
It Pays to Stay
Supporting Student Success