Home > Community > College News > News Archive > Earth Week 2010
Earth Week Festival April 19-23
April 01, 2010
Please join us for our 4th Annual Earth Week Festival, April 19-23. This weeklong series of FREE events is open to the public and celebrates Earth Day
with a variety of activities at both our main campus (10 College Parkway in Folsom) and our El Dorado Center campus (6699 Campus Drive in Placerville).
Events at one or both campuses include:
- Invited speakers and faculty presenting environmental science, related social issues and solutions through various films, presentations, and discussions
- Literary events that explore our connection to the Earth, and the ability of nature to inspire us to our highest ideals.
- Wednesday's Green Machine Fair at FLC which features bicycle and alternative transportation booths, music, free stuff, games, and information on how to reduce your impact on our planet and go green;
- Bike to School Day with free valet bike parking is also on Wednesday at FLC
- Thursday's Day on the Green Fair at EDC featuring music, free stuff, games, a clothing swap and a Farmer's Market
Please see the links below for more information:
PDF Schedule of Activites
Speakers and Films
Green Machine Fair
Day on the Green Fair
Related Community Events
Earth Day website
Earth Week is hosted by the FLC student Eco Club. For more information on Earth Week, please contact Biology Professor Steve Holzberg at email@example.com or 916-608-6657.
The Folsom Lake College (FLC) web site includes both official and unofficial pages. Official pages are those sanctioned by FLC; unofficial pages are those not sanctioned by FLC, including, but not limited to staff, faculty, student organizations, and student personal pages. Some of the links on this page include unofficial pages. FLC has no control over and is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of any unofficial page. The views and opinions expressed on any unofficial page are strictly those of the page author.