September 22, 2011
Folsom Lake College's annual Health & Wellness Day will be on Wednesday, September 28 from 10am-2pm at the Folsom campus featuring a variety of informational tables and fun activities.
Scheduled for the day are:
* Travel Med, Inc. Flu Clinic (flu shots $20/flu mist $30)
* The Sacramento Walking Sticks (a local walking club) will lead a half-hour walk sometime between 12noon-1pm
* The MOSAIC Dance Company will perform in front of the PE building from 12:15-12:45pm
* The Falcon's Roost Aramark Cafeteria - click here for a special heart-healthy menu!
* LRCCD Campus Police - they will be doing the popular DUI ‘Goofy Goggles' Exercise
* Mercy Folsom Hospital
* CYAN - California Youth Advocacy Network (environmental and clean air awareness)
* Breathe.org (the STAND Project - smoking cessation assistance)
* Wellness Services (taking blood pressures and offering wellness info)
* Whole Foods (the world's largest retailer of natural and organic foods)
* Sacramento County HIV Prevention
* American Heart Association
* Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
* Women's Health Specialists
* Blood Source
* WIC - Women, Infant and Children's Program
* McKillican Chiropractic
* FLC Student GSA Club
* FLC's Nutrition Department
* Veteran's Administration - Mental Health Clinic
* Sam's Club - promoting healthy foods
* Food Addicts in Recovery, Anonymous
* U.S. Army - see the cool humvee, get a free tee shirt, and join the ‘Push-Up' Contest!
* Mini Golf with FLC Golf Coach Mark Hatala!
* Sutter Health - information on acupuncture and manipulation services
* Healing Alternatives Meditation Center
* California Healthy Families Program
* Let's Talk! - Counseling ABC's
* XS Energy Drinks
* Alternatives Pregnancy Center
* CARES - Center for AIDS Research, Education and Services
* FLC Financial Office
* FLC DSP&S - Disabled Student Programs & Services
* Heavenly Valley Ski Resort
* FLC Phi Theta Kappa Student Club
* Kiwanis Club
* FLC Full Shred Ski and Snowboard Student Club
* Folsom Mixed Martial Arts Fitness
* Folsom Health and Wellness Center - information on physical fitness/personal training/wellness
* Azure Acres: Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
* Ride 2 Recovery - provides a safe environment for veterans to cope with the emotional and physical injuries of combat
* FLC Associated Student Government
* WEAVE, Incorporated
Please check back to this page often for updates on the day's events.
Click here for the college's Health & Wellness Services page. For more information, please contact the college's nurse, Mary Hansen, at 916-608-6782.