October 20, 2010
The community is invited to Folsom Lake College's "Spotlight Night" open house on Thursday, October 28 from 5-8pm at the main Folsom campus, 10 College Parkway (off E. Bidwell Street) in Folsom. The event is ideal for current students, anyone interested in taking classes at Folsom Lake College, or for anyone who just wants to learn more about the college!
"Spotlight Night" will feature a variety of exciting activities, including:
• Exhibits by the Department of Public Safety - representing FLC's Emergency Medical Technology, Administration of Justice, Fire Technology, Forensics, and CSI programs (on hand will be fire engines from Folsom and El Dorado Hills, an ambulance from Folsom, the Folsom Air Unit Boat, the Sierra Arson Trailer, a Sherriff's helicopter, Folsom motorcycle patrol, the West Sac Police charger, and a California Highway Patrol vehicle). The Los Rios Community College District Police Department will also have a DUI Booth and obstacle course.
• Exhibits by the El Dorado Irrigation District - representing FLC's Water and Wastewater Management programs (on hand will be a camera truck, a water valve display, jar testing equipment, a vector truck, closed circuit TV explaining program, and an Auto-Cad demonstration)
• Performances by the college's MOSAIC Dance Company, Urban Jazz Project, and Theatre Club and a virtual art show by the Visual Arts Department
• Cooking demonstrations by Nutrition students
• Student Life information featuring the Associated Student Government, El Dorado Center Student Activities Club, Administration of Justice Club, and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
• Programs and Services information including: Academic Counseling, Assessment & Orientation, College Foundation, Financial Aid, Health & Wellness Services, Intercollegiate Athletics (Tennis & Golf), Library Services, Outreach, Scholarships, Transfer, and Tutoring
• Academic Department information: Business Technology, Geographical Information Systems, Health Education/Kinesiology, Math, Medical Lab Technician/Phlebotomy (and the LRCCD Health Force program), Psychology, Public Safety
• Internship/Work opportunities: Project Stripe (ARC Apprenticeship Program) and Tech Preparation
• Workshops on Admissions, Transfer, & Financial Aid
• Campus Tours led by Associated Student Government members and FLC's Student Ambassadors
For more information on the event or to RSVP (for high school students), please call 916-608-6589. For a map with directions, click here.