May 15, 2012
Folsom Lake College's Summer 2012 session officially begins Monday, June 11. (Many classes first meet June 11-15, while some offerings begin later. For the full academic calendar, click here.)
Follow these tips to make sure the start of your summer is a success:
- Don't miss the first day of class! You may lose your seat - instructors can drop no-shows.
- Print your class schedule from eServices the night before classes start and bring it with you the first week.
- Use your printed schedule to find your class locations, days, & times. Note: Classes are held at the Folsom campus (10 College Parkway in Folsom) and the El Dorado Center (6699 Campus Drive in Placerville).
- Buy textbooks early! For more information, visit the Bookstore.
- Buy your Parking Decal online (via eServices) before the first week of class - stay out of line the first week. Decals are mailed to you.
- If your class has a prerequisite, be prepared to show your instructor how you have met that prerequisite (with assessment scores, transcript, or verification form).
- Observe deadlines for adding and dropping classes.
The Rancho Cordova Center will be closed for the summer, May 19-August 5. The Center will re-open August 6.
Drop-In Tutoring for any class with reading or writing assignments will be available from June 11 through July 31:
Reading, Writing, and Math Center in Cypress Hall room FL2-239 at the Folsom campus:
* Mondays and Thursdays 8am-1pm and 2-6pm
* Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8am-2:30pm
English Center in room C-213 at EDC:
* Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4-6pm