June 09, 2014
Folsom Lake College's Summer 2014 session officially begins Monday, June 9. (Many classes first meet June 9-13, while some offerings begin later. For the full academic calendar, click here.)
Follow these tips to make sure the start of your summer is a success:
- Don't miss the first day of class! You may lose your seat - instructors can drop no-shows.
- Are you on a Wait List? SHOW UP TO THE FIRST CLASS SESSION! Instructors will fill open spaces on their rosters first from the wait list. If the instructor adds you, they will give you a permission number. Make sure to register for that class using that permission number and pay the enrollment fees immediately.
- Print your class schedule from eServices the night before classes start and bring it with you the first week.
- Use your printed schedule to find your class locations, days, & times. Note: Classes are held at the Folsom campus (10 College Parkway in Folsom) and the El Dorado Center (6699 Campus Drive in Placerville).
- Buy textbooks early! For more information, visit the Bookstore.
- Buy your Parking Decal online (via eServices) before the first week of class - stay out of line the first week. Decals are mailed to you.
- If your class has a prerequisite, be prepared to show your instructor how you have met that prerequisite (with assessment scores, transcript, or verification form).
- Observe deadlines for adding and dropping classes.
The Rancho Cordova Center will be closed for the summer, May 24-August 10. The Center will re-open August 11.
Drop-In Tutoring for any class with reading or writing assignments will be available from June 9 through July 25:
Reading and Writing Center in Cypress Hall room FL2-239 at the Folsom campus:
* Mondays and Thursdays 8am-1pm and 2-6:30pm
* Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8:30am-4pm
English Center in room C-213 at EDC:
* Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5-7pm