February 22, 2010
The Folsom Lake College Library "My Life" Video Contest offers each currently enrolled FLC student the opportunity to submit a short digital story worth telling...yours. The entries will be showcased on the FLC Library YouTube Channel and all participants and the winning pieces will be celebrated at the "My Life" Premier Night and Award Ceremony on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 6pm at the Main Folsom campus (Aspen Hall room FL1-08).
- Videos must be autobiographical in nature. Showcase your unique personal story, viewpoint, and creative voice. Your digital story can be about your family, education, career, environment, or whatever is important to you. The sky is the limit as long as the story captures some element of who you are.
- To enter, you must be a currently enrolled student at Folsom Lake College or one of its outreach centers (El Dorado Center or Rancho Cordova Center) for the Spring 2010 semester. One entry per student.
- Videos must be no less than one minute and no more than three minutes, including credits. If you've never made a video before or need to refresh your skills, attend one of our free "how to" workshops. Click here for a schedule.
- All entries must be the original work of the student and must adhere to all copyright laws.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Contestants will have to create their own YouTube account in order to participate.
- Submit your Official Entry Form, with the URL to your video, no later than midnight (PST) on Monday, April 5, 2010. Entrants must read and agree to all contest rules and criteria prior to submission. Entrants will grant FLC Library permission to use the entry for teaching and promotional purposes.
- Entries must not be inappropriate, indecent or obscene as determined by the sole discretion of the Contest Committee. Videos that do not satisfy all the foregoing criteria will not be considered in the contest, even if they are submitted and uploaded during the before the submission deadline.
- Entries will be judged on originality, creative expression, storytelling and integration of copy and images.
- First place winner will receive a $100. Second place will receive $50. The third place winner will receive $25. The first three (3) submissions will receive a $20 gift certificate from Best Buy. Honorable mentions will receive a Best Buy goody bag. All contestant will receive a certificate of appreciation for their participation.
For additional information, contact Rebecca Mendell at (916) 608-6708 or visit http://www.flc.losrios.edu/Student_Services/Libraries/Video_Contest.htm.