Sign up for Fall
Looking for open classes?
Community Observatory Invites You
What's your story?
Los Rios Gmail
April 30: Deadline to sign up to participate in ceremony
May 5 - 9 : First window for Ordering and Picking Up Stage 1 Tickets
May 14 - 20: Second window for Ordering and Picking Up "Extra" and Overflow Tickets
May 21, 2014
4:45 - 5:45 p.m. Check-in for Graduates inside Harris Center - room 1270 (entrance is outside, facing Lot D)
6:00 - 6:30 p.m. Mandatory Rehearsal for graduates in room 1270
6:30 p.m. Ceremony (Reception immediately follows ceremony)
- Check-in between 4:45-5:45 p.m. at the Harris Center for the Arts, room 1270 (entrance is outside on the north side, facing Parking Lot D - there will be signage). You will receive your announcement card. This card will be handed by you to the reader as you step on stage. The reader MUST have this card to call your name as you cross the stage to be honored as a graduate.
- You must be in Room 1270 at 6 p.m. for the rehearsal prior to the ceremony.
- Graduates should be in their cap, gown and tassel. Please bring bobby pins to secure your cap. Extra caps, gowns and tassels will NOT be available at the ceremony.
- There will be staff on hand to assist you as you line up to enter the Main Stage/Theater. Graduates will begin walking at 6:30 p.m. SHARP.
- You will be led to the graduate seating area in front of the stage. Graduates will enter the seating area along the right side of the seating area. As soon as you are at your seat, sit down. This will help those behind you to see when the rows have filled, so that they can start the next row.
- At the appropriate time in the ceremony, President Rosenthal will present the graduating class to the Los Rios Board members. At this time all graduates will be asked to stand. The monitors will indicate to the front rows when to proceed onto the stage. The first row should remain standing but other rows should sit down. As the last graduates leave the row in front, the next row should stand in unison. Graduates will aproach the stage from the right side.
- You will hand your announcer card to the reader and as your name is read, proceed to the board member who will hand you a diploma cover and congratulate you. You will receive the diploma cover in your left hand, and shake hands with your right. Do not bring any items, other than your card, to the stage. Be sure your tassel is on the right side of the mortarboard. You will then exit the stage via the other side ramp where members of the platform party will greet you. Proceed down the aisle back to your seat.
- You are to sit down once you return from the stage. This allows spectators to see others receive their diploma covers.
- After all graduates have received their diploma cover, the FLC graduating class will be presented and tassels moved from right to left.
- Upon completion of the ceremony, graduates and faculty will be asked to stand for the Recessional which will take place as follows:
- Stage dignitaries will exit first
- Faculty exit second
- Graduates exit third, starting with the graduates in the front row
- All graduates must exit from the Main Stage area. Please do not stop until all graduates have left the seating area.
- Only the graduate may participate in the procession and occupy a seat in the reserved area for graduates. Please make the necessary family/child care arrangements prior to the ceremony.
- There is a reception after the ceremony honoring the graduates – guests are welcome.
DIPLOMAS - IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
Summer and Fall 2013 graduates - Diplomas have already been distributed to all 2013 graduates. You will receive a diploma cover when your name is read and you cross the stage at the ceremony. Diploma covers are only given to graduates who participate in the ceremony.
Spring 2014 degree candidates - You will not receive your diploma at the commencement ceremony. You will, however, receive a diploma cover. After grades for the spring 2014 semester have been posted in early June, the evaluations department will begin conducting final evaluations, followed by the posting of the degree on the transcript and ordering of diplomas. This is a lengthy process with many petitions to evaluate. Degree posting will occur by the start of August and your diploma will be printed by mid to late September. Please be sure to notify the Evaluations department at FLC of any change of address.