• Class schedule now online

    Class schedule now online

    The Spring 2018 class schedule is online now! Click on the photo for more info.
  • Final Exams

    Final Exams

    Click here for the Fall 2017 final exam schedule
  • Winter Recess

    Winter Recess

    The college will be closed for Winter Recess Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
  • Innovation Fellows

    Innovation Fellows

    FLC students named to Stanford's prestigious University Innovation Fellows program
  • Supporting Student Success

    Supporting Student Success

    Folsom Lake College offers a variety of free workshops to help students succeed
  • It Pays to Stay

    It Pays to Stay

    Need a little mid-term encouragement? Know that the education you are getting now WILL pay off.
If you have javascript disabled, click here to view the content

Home >  Student Services >  Student Aid >  DSPS >  Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the DSPS office located?
How can I schedule an appointment with DSPS?
What should I bring with me for my first appointment?
Can I take my assessment tests through DSPS?
Does DSPS provide one-on-one tutoring?
Are student accommodations the same at Folsom Lake College as they were at my high school?
I have already received an accommodation for a note taker, how do I initiate the note taker service?

DSPS Location
On the main FLC campus we are located in "The Center for Excellence" in room FL1-108, located in the hallway by media services. Click HERE for map. On the EDC campus we are located near the counseling office, outside between the bookstore and the Financial Aid office. Click HERE for map.

Return to Top

Schedule an Appointment
Call Folsom Lake College at (916) 608-6611 or the El Dorado Center at (530) 642-5630.

Return to Top

What Should I Bring With Me For My First Appointment?

  • Psychological Educational Report (Psycho. Ed. Eval.) from the high school Special Education IEP documents.
  • A "504 Plan" from the high school.
  • A letter from a doctor stating the disability and limitations.

Return to Top

Can I Take My Assessment Tests Through DSPS?
No, assessment testing is done through the FLC assessment office. However, DSPS does provide extended time to students who qualify.

Return to Top

Does DSPS Provide One-On-One Tutoring?
No, please visit the Reading/Writing center or the Math center form more information on tutoring.

Return to Top

Are Student Accommodations the Same at Folsom Lake College as They Were at My High School?
Services and accommodations can differ greatly from high school to college. Generally, there are fewer accommodations at the college level. However, accommodations usually can help students with disabilities be successful in college.

Return to Top

I Have Already Received an Accommodation For A Note Taker, How Do I Initiate the Note Taker Service?
Once accommodation for a note taker is received, students must take the accommodation letter to their professor(s) to arrange for a volunteer note taker.

Return to Top


Like Us On Facebook

Disabled Students Programs and Services

Folsom Lake College (916) 608 - 6611

El Dorado Center (530) 642 - 5630

El Dorado Center Location

Folsom Lake College Location


Return to Top