• Enroll Now for Fall

    Enroll Now for Fall

    Registration is underway - classes start week of August 25!
  • Youth Summer Academy

    Youth Summer Academy

    Weeklong courses for ages 8-18 in art, coding, dance, drama, & music
  • Looking for open classes?

    Looking for open classes?

    Fall classes are available! Session starts week of Aug. 25. Click on the photo for info.
  • Strong Workforce Stars

    Strong Workforce Stars

    Nine of FLC's career education programs have received special recognition
  • Falcons Taking Flight

    Falcons Taking Flight

    31 of our 2017-2018 student-athletes signed letters of intent
  • Class schedules now online

    Class schedules now online

    The Summer and Fall class schedules are online now! Click on the photo for more info.
If you have javascript disabled, click here to view the content

Home >  Student Services >  Student Aid >  Financial Aid >  FAQ

Financial Aid FAQ

How do I apply for Financial Aid?
Students seeking financial aid are encouraged to complete the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver) and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here for information on current scholarships available to students of Folsom Lake College.

What type of aid can I receive from the FAFSA?
The FAFSA is the gateway to receiving federal student aid such as grants, student loans, and federal work-study. Additionally, the FAFSA is also the first step towards receiving aid from the state of California such as Cal Grant or the California College Promise Grant; stop by the Financial Aid Office for more details.

How many units do I need to receive aid?
To be eligible for the maximum amount for grants, a student must be attending full time (12 units) a semester. However, students attending less than full time may still be eligible to receive funds.

What is the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)?
The California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver) is a form of student aid designed for California community colleges; all students eligible to receive this waiver will have their fees waived for the academic year (summer, fall and spring) and will not incur any enrollment fees. In most cass, students receiving the California College Promise Grant will also qualify for a discount on semester parking permits. To see if you qualify, be sure to fill out a California College Promise Grant application and return it to the Financial Aid Office.

How often do I need to renew my California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)?
The California College Promise Grant is only valid for an academic year (Summer, Fall and Spring). Students must complete a new California College Promise Grant application each academic year.

When should I apply for FAFSA?
Students are encouraged to apply for the FAFSA as soon as possible; awards are limited and some grants are awarded based on both need and on a 'first come first serve' basis.

What about books? How do I receive aid for textbooks?
Students receiving aid in the form of grants, loans, work-study or scholarships may of course apply that funding towards textbooks. Recipients of the California College Promise Grant (Methods A or B only) may also qualify for Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOP&S) which issue book vouchers to their students. Contact the EOP&S office for more details on their programs and services.

How do I find scholarships?
The Financial Aid Office receives several scholarship applications from various organizations throughout the year; generally these applications are posted in Financial Aid display areas. In addition, there are several online scholarship search engines students may use free of charge. Stop by the Financial Aid Office for more details.