In order to be eligible for funding under The Higher Education Act of 1965, Title IV: Student Assistance, an educational program must lead to a degree at a non-profit or public institution or it must prepare students for "gainful employment in a recognized occupation." Therefore, with very few exceptions, any non-degree program offered by non-profit or public institutions and all educational programs offered at for-profit institutions must lead to gainful employment.

Below you will find the required gainful employment information for Folsom Lake College's certificate programs.