Certificate of Achievement
Project Management Certificate
This dynamic curriculum provides advanced skills and practical instruction on the processes, organizational structure, and tools which assure that project work yields the desired business results in professional services such as Health Care, Pharmacy, Human Resources, Finance, Manufacturing, Construction, and Information Technology, which is largely being driven by government modernization and large scale outsourcing. This program is thus ideal for professionals who want to enhance their ability to integrate complex projects, motivate people, and achieve cost-effective results.
Catalog Date: June 1, 2019
|Course Code||Course Title||Units|
|PRJMGT 300||Introduction to Project Management||3|
|PRJMGT 310||Project Integration and Scope Management||3|
|PRJMGT 320||Project Time and Cost Management||3|
|PRJMGT 330||Project Quality Management||3|
|PRJMGT 340||Project Communication and Human Resource Management||3|
|PRJMGT 350||Project Risk Management and Project Procurement Management||3|
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- apply a significant range of professional and business skills, practices and techniques in project management.
- initiate, manage and drive change through the application of sound financial and business competence.
- undertake individual and team research and/or consultancy based projects.
- describe the nature and functions of project management as well as understand the project life cycle and processes.
- build a cohesive and productive project team and learn techniques to deal with the practical and emotional issues involved in team building including coordinating efforts across multiple units of the organization.
- apply and use project management software and techniques to plan, monitor, control, and evaluate a project.
The US Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any program that is eligible for financial aid that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation." The following link provides Gainful Employment Disclosure information for this certificate program:
The Project Management program is designed for professionals seeking to improve their professional repertoire with knowledge of project management. The project management practice can be applied to several career fields such as health care, pharmaceutical, service/outsourcing information technology, manufacturing, construction, and government. This certificate is a management development program suitable for: • Graduates who wish to pursue a career in Project Management. • Project Managers who wish to develop their professional practice and gain a qualification in this specialist area. • People from a range of disciplines who undertake Project Management as part of their job role or who wish to move into this professional discipline.