PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff: El Dorado Center Updates
November 19, 2019
Update: 11/19/19 at 7:00pm
Based on the latest information from PG&E, Folsom Lake College’s El Dorado Center is expected to be open as usual tomorrow, Wednesday, November 20, 2019. All Folsom Lake College students and employees will receive a message via Los Rios Alert if that changes.
PG&E has announced that it will continue to enact its Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) protocol this fire season (October-December) during periods of forecasted high winds and dry conditions. These shutoffs will affect residents throughout California, including those who live and work in El Dorado County. As such, we are anticipating that Folsom Lake College’s El Dorado Center in Placerville, as well as many of our students and employees who live in El Dorado County, will be impacted in the coming weeks.
Note: Such conditions are forecasted for the El Dorado County area tomorrow, Wednesday, November 20, 2019. As specific outage times and information from PG&E is continually evolving, we will contact you this evening, Tuesday, November 19, 2019 by 7:00pm via Los Rios Alert regarding tomorrow’s El Dorado Center campus status.
The El Dorado Center campus will be closed during the duration of the power outage (no on-ground EDC classes will be held and college offices will be closed) and until such a time as Los Rios Facilities Management can confirm that power has been restored and college operations are back online. We will contact you via Los Rios Alert once the campus has reopened.
Please Note: You may be receiving a higher volume of Los Rios Alert messages than usual during this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but want to make sure that you are receiving timely information regarding campus closures and reopenings.
Additional Information for During an Outage
- If you are taking an on-campus EDC class, please check with your professor(s) to see if additional assignments are needed to make up for the lost class time.
- If you are taking an online or hybrid class and are having issues connecting to the internet due to the power outage, please try to contact your professor(s) as soon as you can and/or once power has been restored.
- EDC Classified Staff: During an outage, please report to your respective department at the Main Folsom campus.
- EDC Full-Time and Adjunct Faculty: Please adjust assignment due dates and class timelines as appropriate (this includes online and hybrid classes). You may assign additional assignments to make up the class time. If you have questions regarding making up for lost class time, please consult your dean.
- All Folsom Lake College employees: Please note that other students/employees who attend and/or work at the Main Folsom campus and Rancho Cordova Center may live in the affected area and be impacted as well. Please try to accommodate as best you can.
Other Resources Available
To assist our college community members that live in the impacted areas, Folsom Lake College will make available its locker room and shower facilities at the Main Folsom campus in the Physical Education building to all Folsom Lake College students, faculty, staff, and their immediate families. You may access these facilities during such an outage from 6:00-8:00am and 6:00-8:00pm daily. Please bring your own towels and toiletries; no overnight lockers will be available.
In addition, you may utilize the Main Folsom campus to access WiFi, charge electronic devices, and use the computer lab located in the Welcome & Student Success Center (in Aspen Hall/FL1).
The Folsom Lake College Food Pantry is also available to those in need. You may also donate non-perishable food, flashlights, batteries, and bottled water to the FLC Food Pantry by dropping off donations to the Welcome & Student Success Center.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Calendar and Events
Check out what's going on at Folsom Lake College - including workshops, performances, and more!
Folsom Lake College is well-known for its state-of-the-art facilities and modern architecture.
Find phone numbers and emails for campus departments, a faculty and staff directory, and links to help you troubleshoot common technical problems.