Distance counseling allows current and prospective FLC students to connect with a counselor via email or telephone for brief questions pertaining to academic and/or career planning.
Distance counseling can assist students with questions about:
- Certificate, degree, and transfer requirements
- Course prerequisites
- Course offerings and majors available
- Referrals to programs/services
- Clarification of college procedures and policies
- Course transferability
- Career exploration tools/resources
Please Note: Personal counseling is not available via the distance counseling service. Please call Counseling directly to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Request Distance Counseling
Questions are answered in the order in which they were received. We ask that you allow five working days for a reply. If your question is too detailed or complex to be answered via email, you may receive a message recommending that you schedule a telephone appointment or see a counselor on campus for guidance.
By submitting this form, I understand and acknowledge there is no assurance of confidentiality when using the Distance Counseling service due to the nature of the internet and email technology.
- Contact Your Counselor
- Preparing for Your Counseling Appointment
- Make an Educational Plan
- Graduating from FLC
- Transferring to a 4-Year Institution
- Order Transcripts
- Academic Probation and Dismissal
- Alternative Credit Options
- Distance Counseling
- Student-Athlete Counseling
- FAQ and Glossary